Wednesday, September 20, 2006

#1

Well here it is, the first post. You may wonder why I am starting a Pirates blog now, with only 11 games left in the season. It looks like I am beginning just in time for a long offseason without any games to write about. Well, this is very true. But it has been an unusual week here in Pittsburgh, so I figured now is as appropriate a time as any.

This past Monday, the defending Super Bowl Champion Steelers were pushed around by the Jacksonville Jaguars, a sight that Steelers fans are not used to seeing. This was obvious by the frustrated reactions of the folks watching the game around me (including myself). However, over the past week the Pirates have won six of seven, including four straight against first-place teams. While much of Pittsburgh has been busy worrying about Big Ben's health, I have enjoyed some extremely fun baseball. After suffering through 90 painful games to start the season, the past 61 have me excited again.

I spend much of my time daydreaming about the Pirates. I think it is time to write some of these thoughts down.

No comments: