Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Sigh

I missed last night's Pirate game due to an evening of painting. Yes, instead of watching the game, I was literally watching paint dry. It seems like I chose the perfect game to miss.

If I was going to describe this game (or this season...or the past 15 seasons) to someone else, I would discuss one specific situation. In the top of the 2nd inning, the Pirates led 1-0 and loaded the bases with one out. Their two biggest sluggers, Jason Bay and Adam LaRoche, were coming to the plate. This was the time to break the game open against a struggling pitcher. Both Bay and LaRoche struck out. That gave us one run on six hits and a walk through two innings. The next inning, Cardinals pitcher Adam Wainwright doubled home two runs and the Pirates lost the lead for good. They would lose 9-4.

If that is not a perfect description of the last 14+ years, I don't know what is.

No comments: