Another weekend, a little rain, and a couple more losses for the Pirates. I did not get a chance to watch much the past few days, but here are a few thoughts:
- Apparently the Pirates knew what they were doing when they traded for Matt Morris. His 2.333 OPS is highest on the team. And I was upset that we did not acquire any offense at the deadline.
- Ian Snell has officially scared the hell out of Pirate fans. Suddenly, he is not the pitcher he once was.
- Jeff Keppinger is hitting .333/.387/.522 for an OPS of .908. It doesn't mean anything, but it is interesting to think about.
- Matt Capps is still on the team.
- Is anyone paying attention to the Pirates' roster? We currently have three backup infielders, zero backup catchers, and the only backup outfielder is limited to pinch-hitting duty due to a bad hamstring. Nobody panic though, we have six starting pitchers on the team. Now who said the Pirates do a poor job of planning?
The Pirates are off today as they travel to Phoenix for a three-game series with the Diamondbacks.